Aunty Anushka has been at “Little Explorers” from its inception. She has many years of experience as a Montessori teacher and has also qualified in special needs education and child psychology, as follows:
- Montessori Diploma – A.M.I. (Association Montessori Internationale) Diploma Course held at the Good Shepherd Maria Montessori Training Centre, Colombo, Sri Lanka (2003 – 2005)
- Diploma in Special Needs Education – Ladies College Vocational Center (January 2009 – December 2009)
- Diploma in Child Psychology – American College of Higher Education – Sri Lanka (May 2005 – December 2005)
- Diploma in Counseling Psychology – American College of Higher Education, Sri Lanka (June 2006 – July 2007)
- BA (Hons) Educational Studies and Early Childhood studies – Cardiff Metropolitan University (2014-2015)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Advanced Practice in Working with Children and Families (2012-2014)
Aunty Sukita joined us in September 2019. After completing the AMI diploma in 2007, she gained her teaching experience at two Montessori schools in Sri Lanka from 2007 to 2011. She was an Assistant Supervisor/ Head Teacher in Dubai UAE for 2 1/2 years from May 2014 to December 2016, and a Training Assistant at the Maria Montessori Good Shepherd Training Centre Colombo (affiliated to Association Montessori Internationale) from May 2007 to May 2010. She also has working experience in the fields of IT and Fashion.
- Montessori Diploma AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) Diploma Course held at the Good Shepherd Maria Montessori Training Centre, Colombo, Sri Lanka (2005-2007)
- Special Needs Education Diploma at Ladies College – Department of Vocational Studies (2010)
- Certificate Course in Counseling & Psychotherapy at the Institute of Mental Health (2019)
- Certified Relationship Coach (CRC) Training Program at Institute of Mental Health (2019)
- MSc in Project Management at Global Institute of Project Management (2016)
- Diploma in Computer Studies – Gateway (2001)
Freshly graduated from the AMI Diploma Course in 2020, aunty Khatija joined us in August of 2020. Her musical talents during her school career will be an additional benefit to Little Explorers.
- Montessori Diploma – A.M.I (Association Montessori Internationale) Diploma course held at the Good Shepherd Maria Montessori Training Centre, Colombo, Sri Lanka (2018-2020)
Aunty Gayangi joined Little Explorers in November 2020 after ten years of teaching Pre-school as well as Primary School students at Asian International School. We are pleased to welcome her to our team with her vast experience in teaching children from 2 ½ to 6 years.
- Montessori Diploma – A.M.I (Association Montessori Internationale) Diploma course held at the Good Shepherd Maria Montessori Training Centre, Colombo, Sri Lanka (1999-2001).
- Certificate in Advanced English (2011 – 2012) From the Open University of Sri Lanka.
Aunty Menaka joined us in October 2016. She has experience having worked as a Learning Support Teacher at “Room to Bloom” March 2010 to April 2012 and at “Avakasha Kendraya” April 2012 to August 2015. She also conducted private sessions with children with Special Needs from August 2015 to September 2016. From January 2004 to December 2010 she worked for Havelock Gardens Training Centre, preparing assignment books for teachers.
- Diploma in Montessori Method of Education” from Havelock Gardens Training Centre in 2004
- Diploma in Special Needs Education – pass with distinction (2010). Also awarded prize for Best Student.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Science (2017)
Aunty Bhagya joined us in September 2014. She has working experience having worked as a pre-school teacher from 2006 to 2012.
- Certificate in Pre School Education from Open University (2005)
- AMI Diploma in Montessori Education from Cambridge College of Higher Education, Colombo 10 (2009).
- Diploma in Child Psychology from London Business School , Colombo 4 (2005)
What We Offer
What Parents say:
Brilliant place for global development and enjoying childhood
We were very pleased with Little Explorers and have absolutely no second thoughts in recommending it to anyone.
Maulee & Buddhi
Homely, safe, and stimulating
Sanchita and her dedicated team made every effort to make Little Explorers a homely, safe, and stimulating environment for my daughter…
Such a lovely place filled with warmth and love just like home.
The decision to enroll our daughter to the Little Explorers at a tender age of 1.8 years was one of the best decisions we made on her behalf!
I was impressed by the cleanliness and the neatness of the premises and the garden that would provide physical grooming for the young kids for their overall development.
Our little girl blossomed in many different fields
We are ever grateful to Little Explorers family for making our child who she is now.
Iranga and Anusha
The team at Little Explorers provides individual attention to each and every student. They knows how to identify the talent of each and every child, and develop them accordingly.